Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Slight Defect in My Genes

My last post was on Wednesday and it is now the next Tuesday. Not much of my time has been exciting, so I don't really have much to say but I figure if I do not write in my blog I will forget to do so when there is something exciting. So the end of the week: On Thursday, I prepared a culinary masterpiece of eggplant parmesan and spaghetti and blueberry crisp. That pretty much occupied my entire day, but it was worth it. Then on Friday, my sister, mom, and I went to the "Book Bonanza" where there are thousands of books that people have donated for sale. The money goes to support local libraries, and all of the books are super cheap. I got seven books for $5.

Saturday and Sunday were both spent working on my room project. We are painting my bedroom bright pink. :) This has been a huge project, because I have no idea how I came to have so much crap. Some moving around of stuff, donating of other stuff, and throwing away of yet more stuff, there is still a lot. Guess my genes are getting the best of me. (My dad doesn't throw ANYTHING away. I never thought I would get to be like this, but alas, I have trouble throwing away things that have sentimental value.) After the painting is done, I will go through putting things back and then I will (hopefully) see that I don't have room for everything and will (hopefully) be able to decide I can get rid of some stuff.

Yesterday (Monday) I single-handedly moved all of my furniture to the middle of the room so there is sufficient space in which to paint. Unfortunately, this made my bed unavailable for my sleeping pleasure, so I had to sleep in the guest room, where the cat spends days shedding all over everything available in the entire room. And I began getting a cold on Sunday, so I already had a stuffy nose. I think I am allergic to cat hair.

Today we prepared the walls in my room for painting. And I was really tired so I took a nap. And that's pretty much it. Not much to say.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

might I suggest that perhaps you acquired all that stuff because you stole it from me:-)just kidding...just remember if you didn't know you had it, you aren't going to miss it...and if you haven't used it in a year, then you probably don't need it.

NICKI said...

On the bright side, your painting job looks awesome!